Synonyms and Antonyms for "banish"
/ ban-ish / ˈbanɪʃ / verb
banish is a regular verb / banish / banished / banished / banishing / banishes
expel from a community, group or place
Examples of Sentence contain "banish"
- He was banished from his own country.
- Banish fear and worries from your mind before trying something new.
- The father will banish any family member who dares to question his authority and marry anyone from lesser social standing.
Proverbs Contain "banish"
- Good deeds banish bad ones. (from Arabian)
- Banish a strong man, banish a strong man but when there is war you will look for the strong man. (from African)
- Good study and good care banish and break bad luck. (from Sicilian)
- Reasonings banish reason. (from French)