Synonyms and Antonyms for "deliver"
/ de-liv-er / dɪˈlɪvə / verb
deliver is a regular verb / deliver / delivered / delivered / delivering / delivers
bring to a destination
Examples of Sentence contain "deliver"
- The jury delivered a verdict of not guilty.
- He will deliver his book to me this night.
- She had been outriding that police officer, but she was too late to deliver the warning.
- I have been rereading the old magazines before the new one was finally delivered.
- A good public speaker agitates his audiences to pay more attention to the issues he deliver.
Proverbs Contain "deliver"
- One should not send a cat to deliver cream. (from Yiddish)
- Some sell and don't deliver. (from French)
- God deliver me from a man of one book. (from Spanish)
- If you do good to the Devil, out of gratitude he will deliver you to hell. (from Czech)
- God deliver us from a gentleman by day and a friar by night. (from Spanish)
- From a silent man, and a dog that does not bark, deliver us. (from Spanish)