Synonyms and Antonyms for "direct"
/ di-rect / dʌɪˈrɛkt / verb, adjective
direct is a regular verb / direct / directed / directed / directing / directs
soon; immediately; exactly
give a command
Examples of Sentence contain "direct"
- The government wants us to direct this project next week.
- The new director would direct us with authoritarian leadership.
- My father accept the message from his boss, so he direct to go to office.
- Joseph will direct this film if Caterine doesn’t sign the contract to direct the film.
Proverbs Contain "direct"
- Stream said that it is because it has nobody to direct it that... it goes in a zigzag way. (from Igbo)
- Laws go the way kings direct. (from Spanish)
- He who is at sea does not direct the winds. (from French)
- We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. (from Traditional)
- It is often better to go by a circuitous than by a direct path. (from Latin)
- You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails. (from German)