Synonyms and Antonyms for "empty"
/ emp-ty / ˈɛm(p)ti / noun, verb
empty can be as a regular verb / empty / emptied / emptied / emptying / empties
Examples of Sentence contain "empty"
- The empty tube makes the loudest sound.
- Now! Empty this building!
- The gauge read empty.
- I will empty this box from the content.
- Mr. James field is quite empty comparing to its size, where there are only a few ewes with their young lambs.
Proverbs Contain "empty"
- A person who talks a lot usually is empty inside. (from Indonesian)
- Happiness rarely keeps company with an empty stomach. (from Japanese)
- Empty casks make the most noise. (from French)
- It's the empty can that makes the most noise. (from English)
- Alms do not empty the purse, and a mass does not exhaust the day's duty. (from Danish)
- With empty hand no man should hawks allure. (from Scotch)