Synonyms and Antonyms for "happy"
/ hap-py / ˈhapi / adjective
Definitions of "happy"
Here are the explanations of "happy". The explanation can consist of several different definitions.
- adj. satisfied; enjoying well-being and contentment.
- "I knew she told me a white lie about my cuisine, she just wanted me to be happy on my birthday."
- "When I said that her gown was beautiful, I was really telling her a white lie, just to make her happy."
- "Quite happy to let things go on as they are."
- adj. marked by good fortune.
- "Never being happy when receives fast buck, God is watching."
- adj. enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure or good fortune.
- "a happy smile."
- "spent many happy days on the beach."
- "a happy marriage."
- adj. experiencing pleasure or joy.
- "happy you are here."
- "happy with the good news."
Examples of Sentence contain "happy"
- Never being happy when receives fast buck, God is watching.
- I knew that was not a happy family because I have heard them exchanging words many time.
- When I said that her gown was beautiful, I was really telling her a white lie, just to make her happy.
- I knew she told me a white lie about my cuisine, she just wanted me to be happy on my birthday.
- I hope you will become a good Samaritan and make the poor ones happy.
Proverbs Contain "happy"
- Who loves God with all his heart, lives happy and dies happy. (from Sicilian)
- Try to strike a happy medium. (from Spanish)
- Happy is the man who knows he's happy. (from Chinese)
- He who has no intelligence is happy with it. (from South African)
- It's better to eat pepper and be happy than to eat honey and be sad. (from African)
- It is easier to be a happy bachelor for a year than a widower for a month. (from Lebanese)